SUSE Linux Enterprise Server LTSS 15 SP2 x86_64’ have not been activated on the system.’ (422)

I’m trying to upgrade from SP2 to SP3 , tried with both yast and zypper.

zypper migration gives this at the end,
Repository ‘SLE-Module-Server-Applications15-SP2-Pool’ is up to date.
Repository ‘SLE-Module-Server-Applications15-SP2-Updates’ is up to date.
Repository ‘SLE-Module-Web-Scripting15-SP2-Pool’ is up to date.
Repository ‘SLE-Module-Web-Scripting15-SP2-Updates’ is up to date.
Repository ‘microsoft-prod’ is up to date.
All repositories have been refreshed.

Executing ‘/usr/bin/zypper --disable-repositories --xmlout --non-interactive products -i’

Executing ‘/usr/bin/zypper --no-refresh --non-interactive install --no-recommends --auto-agree-with-product-licenses -t product SLES-LTSS’

Can’t get available migrations from server: Error: Registration server returned ‘The requested products ‘SUSE Linux Enterprise Server LTSS 15 SP2 x86_64’ have not been activated on the system.’ (422)
‘/usr/lib/zypper/commands/zypper-migration’ exited with status 1

I can’t see LTSS 15 when listing installed sw, it is not possible to activate/register. Is there a way to remove this entry from a file?

I don’t have the LTSS license.

As far as I know I did not select LTSS when going from SP1 to SP2.

@cace01 Hi and welcome to the Forum :smile:
So this looks like an online upgrade?
https://documentation.suse.com/sles/15-SP3/html/SLES-all/cha-upgrade-paths.html#sec-upgrade-paths-methods

I would suggest a read here https://documentation.suse.com/sles/15-SP3/html/SLES-all/cha-upgrade-online.html#sec-upgrade-online-yast as there are some tweaks you can do, also what is the output from cat /etc/os-release?

Yes,
It is an online migration.
I have checked that document and made the settings.

SAPBW4T:/etc/dracut.conf.d # cat /etc/os-release
NAME=“SLES”
VERSION=“15-SP2”
VERSION_ID=“15.2”
PRETTY_NAME=“SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP2”
ID=“sles”
ID_LIKE=“suse”
ANSI_COLOR=“0;32”
CPE_NAME=“cpe:/o:suse:sles:15:sp2”

@cace01 And what repositories are active on the system?

zypper lr -E

After the adjustments, did you try again, I would suggest the dry-run option as well so you just see what it’s going to do without any changes.

Yes, I changed solver.onlyRequires=true and installRecommends=false before I started the migration.

@cace01 All subscriptions are active (Status:), you can check with SUSEConnect --status-text

You did update the system before the migration, as in in zypper -vvv up and/or zypper -vvv patch?

suseconnect --status-text shows LTSS as not registred. But I don’t want it. I just want to go for SP5.
I updated with zypper refresh and patch

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP2 LTSS
(SLES-LTSS/15.2/x86_64)

Not Registered

@cace01 so you should be able to de-register LTSS with the -d option and --product option with SUSEConnect. See SUSEConnect --help and SUSEConnect --list-extensions

I got response from SUSE support, the solution was simple once you see it…
in /etc/products.d there was a file SLES-LTSS.prod. rename to .old
run zypper ref then zypper migration.
Thanks for your help!

1 Like