SUSE Manager Server License Requirement

Hi All,

I am seeking clarification on how to count the licenses required for the “SUSE Manager Server, 1 Instance for 1-50 Managed Linux Instances” product we have deployed.

Specifically, my questions are:

• How is the SUSE Manager Server license counted? Is it based on the number of SUSE Manager Server instances deployed, or the number of managed Linux instances?

• What does “1 Instance for 1-50 Managed Linux Instances” signify? Does this mean the license covers one SUSE Manager Server instance that can manage up to 50 Linux instances?

• Given that we are using a Bring Your Own License (BYOL) model and have SUSE deployed on over 120 virtual machines (VMs), how many licenses of SUSE Manager Server would we require for our scenario.

Additionally, we have 100 licenses each of the following products:

1. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications (1-2 Sockets or 1-2 Virtual Machines)
  2. SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching (1-2 Sockets with Inherited Virtualization)
  3. SUSE Manager Lifecycle Management (1-2 Sockets or 1-2 Virtual Machines)

Hi @Tiji did you get any clarification on this topic because I also have same type of query. Your help highly appreciated.

SUSE Manager is licensed per client but I suggest reading SUSE’s Subscription Terms available at https://www.suse.com/products/subscription_terms.pdf as the number and type of require licenses will depend on number whether physical or virtual, number of cores/virtual machines, etc.