To use SO SUSE Enterprise 11 SP3 after 60 days evaluation pe

hello,

My questions are: ¿Is it possible to use the server after 60 days of evaluation period without a maintenance contract? ¿After that days the server/SO will be blocked and I couldn´t use it? ¿Is it possible to buy a maintenance contract several months after the initial installation?

Thanks a lot.

[QUOTE=fraorde;17136]hello,

My questions are: ¿Is it possible to use the server after 60 days of evaluation period without a maintenance contract? ¿After that days the server/SO will be blocked and I couldn´t use it? ¿Is it possible to buy a maintenance contract several months after the initial installation?

Thanks a lot.[/QUOTE]

The server will keep working once the 60 day activation code expires but you won’t get any updates. You can buy a license and register the machine at any point.

You’ve posted in the forum for SUSE Linux Enterprise Point of Service (https://www.suse.com/products/linuxpointofservice/) is this what you’re using? Your subject header says ‘SUSE Enterprise 11 SP3’ which is ambiguous.

You can buy a license and register the machine at any point.
[/QUOTE]
I should point out that advice given here is not official. If you have specific queries about licensing best to talk to SUSE about that. My previous answer was purely technical. Licensing issues aside, using an OS which you can’t update in a production environment seems unwise!