Upgrade and patching SuSE servers.

Hi Guys,

We have a SMT configured…
There are about 6 servers running SLES 11 Sp2 in our first batch of upgrade and patching lined up, and would really like to know if there are any specific precautions that I would need to take while performing this patching and upgrade.

-ddgaikwad

[QUOTE=ddgaikwad;22291]Hi Guys,

We have a SMT configured…
There are about 6 servers running SLES 11 Sp2 in our first batch of upgrade and patching lined up, and would really like to know if there are any specific precautions that I would need to take while performing this patching and upgrade.

-ddgaikwad[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I’m not sure what you are asking? I assume you mean you want to do the online patch from SLES 11 SP2 to SLES 11 SP3?

Also, are these physical servers or virtual servers? Some more info on what these servers do and what they run on (directly on dedicated hardware, or virtualized under a specific solution) would be good. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Willem

[QUOTE=Magic31;22295]I’m not sure what you are asking? I assume you mean you want to do the online patch from SLES 11 SP2 to SLES 11 SP3?
[/QUOTE]

Ah, dupe post which is already answered here : https://forums.suse.com/showthread.php?4930-Preparing-a-process-for-patching-SLES-servers

Cheers,
Willem