yast/yast2 is missing after install using minimal DVD1

Dear experts,
I am just new to SLES and just got one assignment to setup SLES15 to test something.
I have installed evaluation version using DVD SLE-15-Installer-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso. Once installation done, I am not able to see yast/yast2 command. I have tried using zypper install but no luck.

Need ur advise how I can install Yast.

[QUOTE=akashmishra;57403]Dear experts,
I am just new to SLES and just got one assignment to setup SLES15 to test something.
I have installed evaluation version using DVD SLE-15-Installer-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso. Once installation done, I am not able to see yast/yast2 command. I have tried using zypper install but no luck.

Need ur advise how I can install Yast.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

although I’m not entirely sure I believe you need to attach the “Packages” ISO to your machine and add it as a repository. Then you should be able to install yast packages.

Regards,
Eugen

[QUOTE=eblock;57407]Hi,

although I’m not entirely sure I believe you need to attach the “Packages” ISO to your machine and add it as a repository. Then you should be able to install yast packages.

Regards,
Eugen[/QUOTE]

Hi Eugen,

I have the same issue with sles15. I tried to mount two iso files of installer GM DVD and could not find out the yast rpm package. Please advise.

Best Regards
James

If you’ve really mounted two Installer ISOs try swapping one to the corresponding Packages ISO.

HTH.

[QUOTE=yuhuihu;58981]Hi Eugen,

I have the same issue with sles15. I tried to mount two iso files of installer GM DVD and could not find out the yast rpm package. Please advise.

Best Regards
James[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify: SLES 15 comes with two DVDs, the “Installer DVD” which is very basic, it’s a minimal system (DVD size around 600 MB). The “Packages ISO” contains lots of packages and has a size of around 8 GB. So if you want to install required packages during installation or afterwards you can mount the Packages ISO and install the desired rpm’s.

Regards,
Eugen

[QUOTE=eblock;57407]Hi,

Regards,
Eugen[/QUOTE]

Can you please advise how to install yast?

I have the Packages SLES 15.1 DVD mounted in /mnt, what are the next steps in order to install yast with zypper? Thx

[QUOTE=AAEBHolding;59716]Can you please advise how to install yast?

I have the Packages SLES 15.1 DVD mounted in /mnt, what are the next steps in order to install yast with zypper? Thx[/QUOTE]

You need to add the /mnt directory as a repository, then search or install the required packages:

[CODE]

Add repo

zypper ar /mnt SLES-Packages

Build repo cache

zypper ref

Search packages

zypper se -s yast

Install package(s)

zypper in [/CODE]