Disable Classic/Fallback in Gnome on SLED 12

How does one disable the Classic/Fallback mode in SLED 12? I cannot find any answers in my search engine, probably because I’m asking the wrong question :/.

At the login screen:

• Enter your username

• Click the cog icon that’s appeared next to the Sign In button and select desired Desktop Environment.

• Enter password

I’ve not found it explained in the documentation, but there are three variants of GNOME 3 in SLED 12:

• GNOME. The full on GNOME 3 experience

• GNOME Classic. This is the GNOME Shell mode introduced as of GNOME 3.8(?) in response to those wanting something a bit less radical. (It is the default in RedHat Enterprise Linux 7.)

• SLE Classic. This is the default and unique to SLED 12. It is the result of SUSE hacking on GNOME Classic to remove the top panel to provide a very thin veneer of consistency with GNOME 2 in SLED 11, which they also hacked to remove the top panel.

I’ve found searching for information about GNOME Classic problematic. It seems that at one point Ubuntu used ‘Classic’ to refer to something other than what is now called ‘GNOME Classic’, Fallback no longer exists and also I think a lot of people just use the wrong names.

Thank you for the quick repsonse. I’ve tried to change the environment through the login screen and it all comes straight back to the original one. I’m going to post another question and then log out and log back in again; I did the security update and haven’t tried since then.

[QUOTE=susecmail;27437]Thank you for the quick repsonse. I’ve tried to change the environment through the login screen and it all comes straight back to the original one.
[/QUOTE]
I’m afraid I don’t know what you mean by ‘it all comes straight back to the original one’

Do you mean that after selecting GNOME on the login screen you login screen you still get logged in with SLE Classic?

[QUOTE=susecmail;27437]
I did the security update and haven’t tried since then.[/QUOTE]
What is ‘the security update’?