How can I install Midnight Commander?

Hello forums,

sorry my question might sound like a joke but sadly it is no joke. I installed mc on SLES11 and 12 without any problems but since upgrading to SLES15 I try to get mc installed but neither Yast, zypper or cnf drop me any valuable info how to get this done. All I get to read is that no such package exists.

cnf came with some unsupported V3 key which I removed.

The question now is, is there a repository I do not know containing mc or is there a bug in SLES15? As mc can be found in the SLES15 Administrator guide as a useful tool I think it should be possible to get it installed, but I haven´t found a way yet to get it installed.

Anyone got a hint for me?

Regards,

Andreas

[QUOTE=astock;57790]Hello forums,

sorry my question might sound like a joke but sadly it is no joke. I installed mc on SLES11 and 12 without any problems but since upgrading to SLES15 I try to get mc installed but neither Yast, zypper or cnf drop me any valuable info how to get this done. All I get to read is that no such package exists.

cnf came with some unsupported V3 key which I removed.

The question now is, is there a repository I do not know containing mc or is there a bug in SLES15? As mc can be found in the SLES15 Administrator guide as a useful tool I think it should be possible to get it installed, but I haven´t found a way yet to get it installed.

Anyone got a hint for me?

Regards,

Andreas[/QUOTE]
Hi and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:

You can use zypper search-packages mc :wink:

I see it now resides in Package Hub;

mc                              SUSE Package Hub (PackageHub/15/x86_64)

You can use SUSEConnect to add this repository.

Works like a charm, thank you Malcolm for the missing link :smiley: