How to create a reboot disk

Hello,

I’ve just bought a laptop with suse enterprise installed. I’ve never used suse before and I don’t have the time to learn how to use it. I need to install some software that I have in my computer (ubuntu) and I can’t install in the laptop.

I would like to install ubuntu now, but I need to create a recovery disk from SUSE, just in case I have problems with ubuntu in the laptop, and to mantain the warranty from hp.
Can you help me?

I’m not an expert with computers, so I apologize if my question is too strange or too stupid.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Santiago

Hi
What software are you trying to use? There are many applications on the
Open Build Service for SLE…

The easiest way would be to use dd and copy the recovery partition
over, also make a copy of you activation code and the repositories via
the command zypper lr -d

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64) Kernel 3.7.10-1.1-desktop
up 1 day 14:15, 4 users, load average: 0.12, 0.07, 0.05
CPU Intel® i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | GPU Intel® Arrandale

Thanks for your answer.

The software I’m trying to install are from the spanish goverment, they have linux versions that run on Ubuntu directly or using wine, I’m trying to install them on SUSE and I can’t. Those kind of applications are not in the Open Build Service. By the way, I don’t know how to look for applications in the servers for SUSE. My main concern is that I need to install some of those applications for tomorrow, that’s why I want to install ubuntu but I don’t have a CD or DVD with SUSE desktop software (I bought the laptop yesterday but in the box there were only the warranty document from HP and the laptop itself, but nothing else). In the shop, they’ve told me that I should have a way to recover the system installed in the computer by the manufacturer (HP), if not, I could lose the warranty on the product.

I must apologize again about my lack of knowledge… I don’t know how to execute the command zypper or how to use dd (I’m not a big help).

Is it possible to install Ubuntu on Suse and keep the original system? I’d like to know to learn how to use it, but now I need to install those programs urgently.

Thanks again!!

penabella wrote:
[color=blue]

Is it possible to install Ubuntu on Suse and keep the original system?
I’d like to know to learn how to use it, but now I need to install
those programs urgently.[/color]

I don’t know if this helps but I have installed Ubuntu into a Xen DomU
(VM) and it runs without any problems.

Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below…

24.04.2013 21:14, penabella wrote:[color=blue]

Is it possible to install Ubuntu on Suse and keep the original system?

[/color]
HP laptops with SLED preinstalled is typically supplied with the
installed application for creating recovery disks. Try to find this
application on GNOME menu and create recovery DVD.