How to re-install various modules?

Hi all,

I am using the SLES15 AMI for a particular project and finding there is a lot of stuff missing that would normally be considered good to have. For example, a lot of man pages are missing for installed commands, bash being one of them.

Does anyone know how to re-install an entire module, or complete the module’s component packages without having to identify each and every package individually and try to install them in the userdata portion of my CF template?

Any thoughts would be helpful, I have looked at all the documentation, and tried to re-install the modules via yast ncurses, no dice.

Thanks,

Ross

Hi,

The closest to what you are looking for are probably patterns. However there is no guarantee that every module has an “all packages in this module” pattern. For example in the Public Cloud Module multiple patterns exists. The intend here is to conflict packages that should not be installed on the same instance at the same time. Patterns are packages and you can run zypper se pattern to see all the available patterns. From there you can choose which pattern to install.

HTH
Robert

This is helpful in understanding what the patterns are accomplishing.

YaST tells me that I have to login to the SCC to remove Modules, does that mean there is no way to do it from the command line?

<I’m recording training using the AWS AMI, and finding documentation about how to do things with it are very sparse.>

Thanks!

[QUOTE=rossebrunson;58764]This is helpful in understanding what the patterns are accomplishing.

YaST tells me that I have to login to the SCC to remove Modules, does that mean there is no way to do it from the command line?

<I’m recording training using the AWS AMI, and finding documentation about how to do things with it are very sparse.>

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Ross is that you?

No you don’t have to log in to SCC or use YaST to remove modules as you can use the SUSEConnect command. First use “SUSEConnect --list-extensions” to list available and registered modules. Then you can use “SUSEConnect -d -p sle-module-name/version/arch” where the appropriate “sle-module-name/version/arch” to use from the list extensions output.

HTH.