Networking without Wicked

Hi,
I’m facing some issues in static IP injection from a Hyper-V host to an SLES 12 SP2 guest. The IP is injected successfully but the WMI job finishes with a state signifying an exception has occurred. If I disable Wicked, everything goes smoothly - but the network will be down in the next boot and I have no idea how to bring it up.
Is it possible to configure SLES 12 SP2 networking without wicked?

On 20/11/16 15:54, yonatan wrote:
[color=blue]

I’m facing some issues in static IP injection from a Hyper-V host to an
SLES 12 SP2 guest. The IP is injected successfully but the WMI job
finishes with a state signifying an exception has occurred. If I disable
Wicked, everything goes smoothly - but the network will be down in the
next boot and I have no idea how to bring it up.
Is it possible to configure SLES 12 SP2 networking without wicked?[/color]

If you have the Workstation Extension (an additional cost) you can
switch to using NetworkManager instead of Wicked.

HTH.

Simon
SUSE Knowledge Partner

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.

Thanks for the answer.
Unfortunately, this is not sufficient, as we have to provide a solution to 3rd parties.
What is the best way to handle this issue with Hyper-V IP address injection and wicked? It’s an officially supported feature of SLES. I could find no way to report bugs for SLES, only openSUSE.

[QUOTE=yonatan;35455]Thanks for the answer.
Unfortunately, this is not sufficient, as we have to provide a solution to 3rd parties.
What is the best way to handle this issue with Hyper-V IP address injection and wicked? It’s an officially supported feature of SLES. I could find no way to report bugs for SLES, only openSUSE.[/QUOTE]

I’m currently facing exactly the same issue and am highly interested if there’s any update?

Hi nych,

while yonatan ought to have received a response like “please open a service request in the SUSE Customer Center” (to the statement “I could find no way to report bugs for SLES”), have you already tried that option?

If we (user to user support) are to look into your issue closer, please give us at lease some quote of the error messages you see. Maybe something catches the eye and / or we could point out some other way to configure the system.

I’m not aware of Hyper-V’s way of injecting the IP address, could you provide some details?

Regards,
J