Note of thanks to the team

I just wanted to say that I’ve been watching Rancher labs for most of 2015. In that time I have become extremely impressed with both the os and rancher. The last week I have been experimenting, mostly at night after work and the family is asleep. I have pulled three straight nights that ended at 3am because rancher just blew my flipping head off with the possibilities it opens up. Keep in mind I wake up for work at 5am. Time doesn’t exist when exploring something so fun and awesome.

Thanks for your hard work.

Bob

6 Likes

@henkbl, thank you so much for such kind words. I cannot tell you how comments like this and all of the feedback from our community energizes everyone here at Rancher and makes us want to build products that customers will derive value from.

We’re working hard to get the product GA quality by making it more reliable, highly available, and upgradeable, fixing bugs, improving documentation, but still have a ways to go and appreciate the continued support from the Rancher community.

Thanks again.

Rancher is absolutely great, you immediately feel there is a strong background in Docker orchestration behind it. Years of experience are condensed in a simple and clean tool.

The GUI helps a lot to have an overview of what’s going on the Docker cluster. I really like it and think it makes it well worth compared to other CLI oriented tools like CoreOS + fleet + etcd.

Thanks so much Jerome! We’d love to connect with you in the Beta program if you’ve not already joined. It would be great to learn more about your use case and chat about the roadmap some time. you can join the beta at http://info.rancher.com/beta, or send me an email at shannon at rancher.com.

The registration form is down (submit doesn’t work), i’m going to drop you an email.

I’d like to chime in on this. I tend to be pretty hard on a lot of new software that I see because it is inelegant, or buggy, or just generally provides a bad user experience or doesn’t deliver on its core advertised functionality. While I know Rancher is young and has a lot of growing to do yet, what’s already there is most impressive and promises great things to come. I’ve been evaluating it in my homelab (along with RancherOS) for the last few weeks and I’ve got more Intel NUC hardware coming in today to double down on my skills investment in this platform. You’ve got something really nice going here, and I’m looking forward to seeing it all grow and mature.