POS terminal loads image after every reboot

Hi Guys.

I’m busy at a new client site (POC) where I’m implementing SP1 of SLEPOS in their dev environment. I’ve build an image, synced down to store server, and the POS boot’s the image fine. No problems with the infrastructure. The only concerning bit I have is that the POS rebuilds / loads the image after every rebuild even though the image has not changed (MD5 and image file has not been touched / replaced on the store server). Any ideas where I can look? I’ve combed the log files on the till and branch server, and cannot see any “funny” business.

At our other client sites we don’t have this problem. The till’s only rebuild when we have a new version of the image / the md5 has changed / ImageVersion file was deleted from the POS.

Admin Server: SLES 11 SP1 64bit
Branch Server: SLES 11 SP1 64bit

POS image x86_64 architecture built

[QUOTE=dabump;4961]Hi Guys.

I’m busy at a new client site (POC) where I’m implementing SP1 of SLEPOS in their dev environment. I’ve build an image, synced down to store server, and the POS boot’s the image fine. No problems with the infrastructure. The only concerning bit I have is that the POS rebuilds / loads the image after every rebuild even though the image has not changed (MD5 and image file has not been touched / replaced on the store server). Any ideas where I can look? I’ve combed the log files on the till and branch server, and cannot see any “funny” business.

At our other client sites we don’t have this problem. The till’s only rebuild when we have a new version of the image / the md5 has changed / ImageVersion file was deleted from the POS.

Admin Server: SLES 11 SP1 64bit
Branch Server: SLES 11 SP1 64bit

POS image x86_64 architecture built[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I saw this issue before when working with a client. I can’t remember exactly where to look, but basically the completion file was not getting written back to the Branch Server, and therefore the register was still flagged as needing to being imaged. We had to read through the boot code etc, and eventually tracked it down.

I think it was related to the tftp server not allowing the write back, but I can’t recall presently. Maybe though this thought will point you in the right direction?

Regards! :slight_smile:

Hi. I’ve tried making all in the /srv/tftpboot folder world writable. It seems all files are being created and placed in relevant places. I’m not sure what todo now, as I don’t see any visible errors. All services like posldap posASwatch, etc is all started and running. I’m going to post my boot.kiwi file here, maybe somebody can spot the error? Will be a great help.

Hi, sorry, I’ve kinda quit visiting these forums very often as I have found zero solutions, and basically nobody has helped with my issues. Kinda like Novell products feel! Did you figure it out yet?