Production upgrade got me to v1.1.0-dev4 when I was expecting 1.0.2! Is this 'safe'?

Hi,

Following the upgrade docs I did a pull of rancher/server:latest without really thinking about it and ended up with v1.1.0-dev4! I would have expected that to get a dev release I would have to pull by tag but not for a latest stable release.

Is there a reasonable way I can roll back to 1.0.2 or should I be safe enough to stay on this release?

Thanks,
John

Having looked back at the installation docs I now see the references to ‘latest’ and ‘stable’ tags - personally I’d like to see this become ‘latest’ to represent the latest, stable release and ‘dev’ to be the dev releases. I think this would be more discoverable/obvious and would prevent accidental switches to dev releases - especially when ‘latest’ is the default if you don’t add a tag (I did use a tag, as it happens, but I was just following the text on the ‘Upgrading Rancher’ page so ended up with ‘latest’ rather than ‘stable’).

I’m still a bit concerned about using this dev release as this is a heavily used Production environment, so if you could let me know about it’s stability and if there’s a route back to 1.0.2 please? The environment is using Cattle.

Thanks,
John

We had added notes about the different tags in the installing rancher section, but I just added it to the upgrading section.

For all of our releases (including our dev ones), we do run through QA’s automation process and general upgrade sanity checks, but we do recommend using our stable builds in production.

Thanks for the reply Denise, is there a recommended way I can get back to the stable branch, 1.0.2, or should I just wait for 1.1.0 stable and switch then?

Thanks,
John