Question concerning HP_Tools

Hello everyone!
I have a HP notebook with SUSE Linux Desktop Enterprise which has a disk with several partitions.
I want to upgrade the HDD (which is dying) and I already made a DVD to install SUSE Linux on the new HDD but I have a question concerning one particular partition.
I want to access and save the contents of one partition - /dev/sda3/ labeled HP_Tools - which has about 2GB, in case I will need this software in the future.
How can I save/move the contents of this partition on a DVD or USB stick to transfer them on the new HDD?
Thank you in advance!

[QUOTE=Asimetrix;25714]Hello everyone!
I have a HP notebook with SUSE Linux Desktop Enterprise which has a disk with several partitions.
I want to upgrade the HDD (which is dying) and I already made a DVD to install SUSE Linux on the new HDD but I have a question concerning one particular partition.
I want to access and save the contents of one partition - /dev/sda3/ labeled HP_Tools - which has about 2GB, in case I will need this software in the future.
How can I save/move the contents of this partition on a DVD or USB stick to transfer them on the new HDD?
Thank you in advance![/QUOTE]

It sounds like it ought to be as simple as mounting the partition somewhere then copying everything. As root

$ mkdir /mnt/hptools $ mount /dev/sda3 /mnt/hptools
Then you should be able to access the contents of the /dev/sda3 under /mnt/hptools

Take a copy of what’s in /etc/zypp/repos.d/ if you haven’t already. I believe that HP ship SLED installed machines configured to look at some HP specific repos containing drivers that are required to make some of the hardware work.

Thank you for the help! It worked perfectly!