Route 53 with multiple external IP's

Hi all,

I recently started with Rancher and it’s awesome :smiley:

I configured Route 53 as external DNS for Rancher and it work like a charm but I have a big question for this. I think I won’t be the first to handle with this situation.

As Rancher Route 53 External DNS Service works, the host IP is used to balance the stacks externally. It only exposes the services which have public ports exposed. Then if some of the hosts fails, the Rancher External DNS, request AWS to change the IP. Rancher will send by default the host main IP configured.

From here, all it’s working but what’s the way to do it specifying multiple IP’s in a host?

I saw in the documentation you can specify an IP adding the label io.rancher.host.external_dns_ip to the host but… What happens if I want to specify an IP to a website in normal conditions? If the regular IP fails, just use other one. But in normal situation, use an specific one.

Domain example1.com -> Normally resolves to 1.1.1.1 (host1) -> In case of fail, move to host2 and host3 (2.2.2.2 and 3.3.3.3)

Domain example2.com -> Normally resolves to 4.4.4.4 (host1) -> In case of fail, move to host2 and host3 (5.5.5.5 and 6.6.6.6)

How can we solve this?

Thanks!

Nobody can help us? :expressionless: