SLED 12 SP2 touchpad not working...

Hi,
I won’t tell you how much disappointed I am with SLED 12 SP 2, I bought : while openSUSE and SLED’s installer are able to detect the synaptics touchpad, after boot SLED is unable to make it work. More, GSynaptics is missing from the official depots… And those are only the few examples just after the first boot !!!

How could this be a serious distribution when it won’t run as good as the community’s one ???

Even if SUSE is the MOST valuable distribution, that post needs not answer. That post is only the expression of disappointment. SUSE’s people should think more instead of recording COOL Youtube’s videos… WORK MEN !

Hi
You do realize that you can raise an SR if you have an active registration?

Is xf86-input-synaptics installed?

What is your hardware?

hwinfo --mouse

I have a DELL 5555 here and synaptics is working fine?

[QUOTE=malcolmlewis;35211]Hi
You do realize that you can raise an SR if you have an active registration?[/QUOTE]

Hello Malcolm,
I don’t want to waste your time on that point but I must thank you for your reply. Yes, I do realize that if I do an install with the 12SP2 it won’t detect as 12SP1 or Leap 42.1. I do realize too that the installer is able to provide a configuration that it won’t respect after its job is done…

Yes it is (Version : 1.8.3-3.7)

[QUOTE]
What is your hardware?

hwinfo --mouse [/QUOTE]

Here are the information :

28: PS/2 00.0: 10500 PS/2 Mouse                                 
  [Created at input.249]
  Unique ID: AH6Q.ZHI3OT7LsxA
  Hardware Class: mouse
  Model: "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
  Vendor: 0x0002 
  Device: 0x0007 "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
  Compatible to: int 0x0210 0x0002
  Device File: /dev/input/mice (/dev/input/mouse0)
  Device Files: /dev/input/mice, /dev/input/mouse0, /dev/input/event1, /dev/input/by-path/platform-i8042-serio-1-event-mouse, /dev/input/by-path/platform-i8042-serio-1-mouse
  Device Number: char 13:63 (char 13:32)
  Driver Info #0:
    Buttons: 2
    Wheels: 0
    XFree86 Protocol: explorerps/2
    GPM Protocol: exps2
  Config Status: cfg=no, avail=yes, need=no, active=unknown

Again, I do thank you to have spent some time on that post but i don’t want to waste your time. The solution I found is to switch for another distro because there is no reason not to support the good job done by others.