SLERTE 11 SP 3 DVD ISO burded are not bootable ?

Hey I am newly trying SUSE SLERTE 11 SP3 . Downloaded the 2 ISO images and burned them to DVDs. Do I have to do anything special while burning the DVDs? The pc is not able to boot from the DISC1. However I have set my bios boot preference is set first to boot from the DVD drive and tested with other software (Fedora) and its able to boot from the DVD Rom.
Why not these ISOs are bootable? How do I make it bootable? I am downloading and burning the DVDs on a Windows 8 pc.

Hi
You should only need dvd1, check the md5sum of the download as well.

Burn at the slowest speed possible and make sure your burning as an
‘image’ not a one-for one copy.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° LFCS, SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-21-desktop
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!

Hi sansuns360,

[QUOTE=sansuns360;24143]Hey I am newly trying SUSE SLERTE 11 SP3 . Downloaded the 2 ISO images and burned them to DVDs. Do I have to do anything special while burning the DVDs? The pc is not able to boot from the DISC1. However I have set my bios boot preference is set first to boot from the DVD drive and tested with other software (Fedora) and its able to boot from the DVD Rom.
Why not these ISOs are bootable? How do I make it bootable? I am downloading and burning the DVDs on a Windows 8 pc.[/QUOTE]

given that the DVDs were burned correctly, everything seems to be in order. From the documentation:

[QUOTE]SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time Extension 11 Service Pack 3 (SP3) an add-on product to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 3 (SP3). Contained in the extension’s electronic download media are all of the necessary packages, including the real time kernel, libraries, tools, and utilities.

In order to install, configure and use SUSE  Linux Enterprise Real Time Extension 11 SP3, you must first install SUSE  Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3, and then install the real time kernel  and packages. [/QUOTE]

Once you’ve installed SLES11SP3, you can add the ISO (no need for a physical medium) as an add-on product in YaST.

Regards,
Jens

[QUOTE=jmozdzen;24152]Hi sansuns360,

given that the DVDs were burned correctly, everything seems to be in order. From the documentation:

Once you’ve installed SLES11SP3, you can add the ISO (no need for a physical medium) as an add-on product in YaST.

Regards,
Jens[/QUOTE]

Thank you, yeah I got the right DVD image and I am on the right track. Tks again.