SuMa 3 channels not syncing

On a fresh SuMa 3 installation the selected channels are not synced with the SCC automatically.
The Tomcat log shows warnings and errors:

WARN com.redhat.rhn.manager.setup.MirrorCredentialsManager - Empty name for: SM_ENT_MGM_V 2016-06-01 13:54:15,779 [ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8009-exec-9] ERROR com.redhat.rhn.common.localization.LocalizationService - *** ERROR: Message with id: [task.status.gatherer] not found.*** called by com.redhat.rhn.frontend.struts.XmlMessageResources.getMessage(XmlMessageResources.java:85)

Manual sync of channels is successful, though:

spacewalk-repo-sync --channel sles11-sp3-pool-x86_64 --type yum --non-interactive

Any hint appreciated.

The log error you’re seeing is just a missing translation and unrelated to channel syncing.

Looks more like taskomatic is not running. Please restart taskomatic.

No, taskomatic is up and running. When restarted it actually starts syncing, RPMs and patches are beeing downloaded as can be seen in the appropriate repository log files.
Still some of the products in the SuMa Setup Wizard show as “failed” or “30%”.
I think I give it a bit more time and check all the logs.
I am right in expecting that every product and channel selected in the Setup Wizard should be synced automatically without any further manual interaction?

[QUOTE=oackerma;32764]No, taskomatic is up and running. When restarted it actually starts syncing, RPMs and patches are beeing downloaded as can be seen in the appropriate repository log files.
Still some of the products in the SuMa Setup Wizard show as “failed” or “30%”.[/QUOTE]

The reposync log files only show the download of repository metadata and packages. For the channel to be available and working inside SUSE Manager, more steps are needed. Most important the ‘metadata creation’, triggered by taskomatic. This final step needs quite some time (depending on the size of the repository).

So the UI status is ‘more correct’ than just the reposync log :wink:

[QUOTE=oackerma;32764]I think I give it a bit more time and check all the logs.
I am right in expecting that every product and channel selected in the Setup Wizard should be synced automatically without any further manual interaction?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

The system seems to have multiple glitches, including not beeing able to send out e-mails.
After setting-up the system from scratch everything runs smoothly.
Thanks for your help!