Unable to add mirrored repo to SMT client

I have a working SMT server, and clients running SLES SP2 and SP3. Recently, I’ve been asked to get keepalived installed on my pound load balancers, and in that process, learned that it’s going to require the openssl-devel package, which I’m told is in the sdk repo (hopefully :)). I’ve successfully mirrored the SP3 SDK repo (SLE11-SDK-SP3-Pool & SLE11-SDK-SP3-Updates), but they aren’t showing up on the pound server after I re-register with the smt box. Can someone clue me in as to what I’m doing wrong? Do I need to manually map this repository? If that’s the case, how do I find out the URI of the repo hosted on SMT?

Thanks much.

[QUOTE=sysengPS;18920]I have a working SMT server, and clients running SLES SP2 and SP3. Recently, I’ve been asked to get keepalived installed on my pound load balancers, and in that process, learned that it’s going to require the openssl-devel package, which I’m told is in the sdk repo (hopefully :)). I’ve successfully mirrored the SP3 SDK repo (SLE11-SDK-SP3-Pool & SLE11-SDK-SP3-Updates), but they aren’t showing up on the pound server after I re-register with the smt box. Can someone clue me in as to what I’m doing wrong? Do I need to manually map this repository? If that’s the case, how do I find out the URI of the repo hosted on SMT?

Thanks much.[/QUOTE]
Hi
If you log into the Novell Customer Center and then look under systems, there is a mirrors list with all the URI’s associated with your account.

Not sure if that’s going to show what I’m looking for. I need to connect directly w/ the SMT’s mirrored copy of the repository. If I go to NCC, I can see the novell repositories, but if I select my SMT server, it doesn’t show the repositories it’s mirroring.
Anyways, should my SLES 11 SP3 systems see the SLE11-SDK SP3 repositories that I’ve mirrored automatically, or have I missed a step?
And thank you for the reply.

It looks to me like I need to enable, or assign, the repositories to the SLES-SP3-VMware product, is that right? If so, how do I do that?Do I use smt-repos -e SLE11-SDK-SP3 SLES11-SP3-VMware-Pool? I’d try it, but I don’t want to break it :).

Hi sysengPS,

should my SLES 11 SP3 systems see the SLE11-SDK SP3 repositories that I’ve mirrored automatically, or have I missed a step?

It looks to me like I need to enable, or assign, the repositories to the SLES-SP3-VMware product

have you installed the SDK (as an add-on product) on the servers in question? That, plus re-registering, sets up the connection to those repositories (and will use the SMT repos instead of the Novell ones, as the servers already act as SMT clients).

Regards,
Jens

That did the trick. I finally found the address and added it to the machine in question, which allowed me to install my software, which then allowed me to install my software :). Much appreciated!