Upgrade docker in rancheros

I have upgraded from rancheros 0.4.2 to 0.4.3, but my version of docker is still at 1.9.1, not 1.10.1. What the best way to upgrade docker itself? Sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn’t find anything on the online documentation other than upgrading rancheros.

Thanks for any help that can be provided!

Just today I did my first upgrade of Rancher OS and I was going from 0.4.2 to 0.4.3. Running docker version before showed 1.9.1, but after I was running Docker 1.10.1.

I don’t think I did anything special, I just ran: sudo ros os upgrade

Are you certain you upgraded to 0.4.3? Here is what I see when I check the OS version now:

[rancher@rancher ~]$ sudo ros os version
v0.4.3

Oh wow, the upgrades says it is complete, but it does not persist past reboot:

Upgrading to rancher/os:v0.4.3
Continue [y/N]: y

sudo ros -v
ros version v0.4.2

I have tried the upgrade a few times now, even specifying the exact version I want to upgrade too, but it always stays at v0.4.2. I am not sure if this matters, but the host I am trying to update was created by docker-machine and not the bear metal installer.

The docker-machine version is going to boot from the iso each time. If you still have it configured to boot from the v0.4.2 iso then you’re going to be stuck on that version.

I had a feeling something like that might be happening. Thanks for confirmation.