Virtual Manager Manager: viewer connection...got refused

Hi,

Running into something really strange. Two machines with identical build; SLES 11 SP1 patched to SP2, Xen host packages installed, vm’s run on either one. I go into the virtmanager to see the VM (Doesn’t matter what O/S VM has - Windows/SLES 11), and I can see the VM’s just fine on one server, but the other one consistently gives me the “viewer connection to hypervisor host got refused…” error. VM migration is clean back and forth. LVM is active on one machine at a time, etc. I double checked config files and package versions, and everything looks normal. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Elliott

[QUOTE=ElliottRScott;5002]Hi,

Running into something really strange. Two machines with identical build; SLES 11 SP1 patched to SP2, Xen host packages installed, vm’s run on either one. I go into the virtmanager to see the VM (Doesn’t matter what O/S VM has - Windows/SLES 11), and I can see the VM’s just fine on one server, but the other one consistently gives me the “viewer connection to hypervisor host got refused…” error. VM migration is clean back and forth. LVM is active on one machine at a time, etc. I double checked config files and package versions, and everything looks normal. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Elliott[/QUOTE]

Hi Elliott,

How are you using virt-manager when you are getting the error? Are you running virt-manager on a remote machine, or running it on the Xen server itself when you get the refused error?

-Willem

Hi Willem,

Thanks for replying. I fell asleep and woke back up again…

I’m running virt-manager from the Xen host. I’m using the vncviewer work-around, e.g vncviewer 127.0.0.1:, with varying port numbers. It’s getting me by, but it’s not how I’d like it. Not to mention, I’ll need to explain what’s different and why…