What channels should be available?

When I do a mgr-ncc-sync -l, I see the following channels:
sles10-sp3 i586 and x86_64
sles10-sp4 i586 and x86_64
sles11-sp1 i586 and x86_64

I do not see any channels for SLED, and I do not see SLES 11 SP2 channels.
Should they be displaying for me, or SP2 not available yet and SLED not supported?

Thanks.
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer
The University of Alabama

I just applied the latest updates to SUSE Manager, and now the channels for SLED11 showed up, and I’m seeing the SP2 channels as “sub” channels for the SP1 channels. Umm…not sure I understand this.
For example:
Under sles11-sp1-pool-x86_64, I have sles11-sp2-core-x86_64 and sles11-sp2-updates-x86_64
Shouldn’t there exist a sles11-sp2-pool-x86_64 at the top level?
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer
The University of Alabama

Allen,

Shouldn’t there exist a sles11-sp2-pool-x86_64 at the top level?

I don’t think so, because that was changed for SP2. There’s a TID describing this: TID 7010225 - Software repositories in SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 Service Pack 2

Regards,
Jens

I’m just curious as to why there is no top level channel for SP2. When SP3 comes out, will it also go in as a subset of SP1 along with SP2?
It just seems that there should be a separate one so that once all the systems are upgraded to SP2, we won’t have them all subscribed to a channel with SP1 in the name.

Allen B.

Allen,

I can only guess here - maybe (server) space is an issue here - instead of redistributing all identical packages for each SP, the “old” packages seem to get inherited from the previous SP.

Unfortunately, I have no further insight into this topic yet and even find the TID inconsistent (“SLES11-SPx-Pool : This is the unpacked installation media, all binary RPMs from the actual installation media. It never changes once SPx has been released.” - but there’s no “SLES11SP2-Pool” in the list…). Confusing, at least.

Sorry,
Jens