How to add new systems for autoinstallation

Hello,
I miss the point in the documentation how I should add new servers for the autoinstallation.
Currently I have the profile but no idea how I should connect the profile with a fresh server and provide the specific data like servername and ip address. I guess I could do this with the variables but how should I manage this when the system is unknown to the SUMA?
Thanks
Achim

Use the Variables in the Profile
Add variables that define the things you want, and then reference them in the AutoYaST

Hi David,
I thought the profile is only for general settings and not for server specific data. As this means I have to provide a servername, run the installation and for the next server I have to change the profile again. On top I’m not able to install parallel.
I expected any kind of dialog or something else where I could provide the specific data during the autoinstallion process.
Thanks
Achim

Hi Achim,
I use the autoyast profile with cobbler for automation.
You can use it in that way:

1. Generate an autoyast profile on the SUMA.
  2. Use Cobbler to generate the tftp - PXE configs
    cobbler system add --name=$HOSTNAME --mac-address=${BOOTMAC} --ip-address=${IP} --profile=$COBBLER_PROFILE
    The Name of the cobbler profile you can see with this command:
    “cobbler profile list”
    Here some more settings you can set:
    “cobbler system add --help”
    If you have to use variables, which you set in you autoyast profile. You can fill it with:
    –autoinstall-meta=“VAR=test1 VAR2=test2 VAR3=test3”
    Be carfull of the quotes!
    Here you find some help:
    https://documentation.suse.com/external-tree/en-us/suma/4.1/suse-manager/client-configuration/autoinst-intro.html

I agree that not all thinks explained overall…
Remember, you have to organise an dhcp server by your own.
good luck!
Tino