Install SLES 15 for SAP applications

Hi has anyone been able to install the SLES15 for SAP Applications without registering to SCC portal??

Hi
AFAIK you also need to download the SLE-15-Packages-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso and add at install time.

Hi
Downloaded the packages iso image, and the SAP product is there;

Hi Malcom,
Thank you for your response, here is our situation our servers have no internet connectivity and we cannot install SLES for SAP Application module all i am able to do is a base SLES15 installation without registration.what we wanted to understand is if there was a way to directly install SLES15 for SAP Applications without registration to SCC portal from the packages CD .

Right now the only we i can do this is in 2 steps

1. Install Base SLES15 operating system
  2. Configure porxy and register server to SCC portal
  3. Install the SLES15 for SAP Applications module

Our End Goal is to use SUSE manager to do auto installations for SLES15 for SAP Applications

[QUOTE=kiran2329;56528]Hi Malcom,
Thank you for your response, here is our situation our servers have no internet connectivity and we cannot install SLES for SAP Application module all i am able to do is a base SLES15 installation without registration.what we wanted to understand is if there was a way to directly install SLES15 for SAP Applications without registration to SCC portal from the packages CD .

Right now the only we i can do this is in 2 steps

1. Install Base SLES15 operating system
  2. Configure porxy and register server to SCC portal
  3. Install the SLES15 for SAP Applications module

Our End Goal is to use SUSE manager to do auto installations for SLES15 for SAP Applications[/QUOTE]

Hi
Can you setup an internal server to host the packages from the iso image? If so then you should be able to add internal url’s to pick up the product and application repositories?

Hi Malcom,
I have both the ISO’s mounted (Installer & packages) on the server on which i need to install SLES15 for SAP applications.Since i cannot register my server to SCC portal as i do not have an internet connection yet i cant install the SAP module it only allows me to install the Base SLES15 system which is our issue and teh SLES15 documentation also states the same.I understand that i need to register the system at the end of the day however not sure why its not allowing me to go ahead and install the SAP module from the ISO’s itself.

Hi
So you should at some point add the repositories, it should be after
skipping the registration?

Well if your going to use SuMA, then that gets taken care of, so would
install an image direct, or base install and register with SuMA to add
the products your wanting…

I can do a test install here later with a test install if you don’t
make progress?

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
SLES 15 | GNOME Shell 3.26.2 | 4.12.14-25.28-default
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!

Hi Malcom,
We would like to use SUMA to automate these installs down the lane for now i was wondering if there is a way to install SLES15 for SAP directly without registration i have tried it and cant seem to do it without registration was hoping to see if someone has been able to do it if so how??

[QUOTE=kiran2329;56548]Hi Malcom,
We would like to use SUMA to automate these installs down the lane for now i was wondering if there is a way to install SLES15 for SAP directly without registration i have tried it and cant seem to do it without registration was hoping to see if someone has been able to do it if so how??[/QUOTE]
Hi
So, I just did a quick test and works as expected?

One 4GB USB device with the installer on (via imagewriter), one 16GB USB device with the extracted iso packages copied over, device was ext4 formatted.

To copy, I first extracted the iso image to a directory called SEL_15-packages, formated the USB device as ext4, then as root user;

cp -ar SLE_15-packages/* /run/media/username/usb_device_uuid/
sync
umount /dev/sdb1
sync

Boot the system and select the install;

Skip registration and hit next, then your presented with the option to select the device, in this case in the drop down your usb key, give it a name (since they are repositories, it will auto add);

Select products and modules you wish to install…

Hi Malcom,
Thank you for testing i was able to get the install done