Looking for a "hello world" tutorial for convoy

This file has enough information for me to add Convoy to one of my Rancher hosts, but I’m getting errors when I try to create a Convoy volume.

My docker-compose.yml has the same information as this example, but I’m getting errors:

Error (500 Server Error: Internal Server Error ("Failed to execute: mount [/dev/mapper/mcdata /var/lib/rancher/convoy/devicemapper/mounts/mcdata], output mount: mounting /dev/mapper/mcdata on /var/lib/rancher/convoy/devicemapper/mounts/mcdata failed: Invalid argument , error exit status 255"))

And because there’s no simple example, I can’t tell if I’m doing something wrong or if there’s some kind of bug in Rancher or in Convoy. Help! :slight_smile:

If supplying more details will help diagnose my specific issue, let me know. I think a general up to date tutorial would be helpful for all.

An update to my personal progress with Convoy:

1. I was able to get Convoy working with EBS on AWS, but not devicemapper.
  2. Convoy is not production-ready. There’s three or four relatively obvious issues but they’re adequately mentioned in the repository so I won’t go into them in great detail here, but getting it into a container with a Docker volume for configuration would solve 99% of my issues.
  3. Once it’s containerized, a new tutorial will make all the difference for everyone.

Thank you for making such an interesting product. Convoy has a lot of potential, but right now it introduces too many variables into my setup. Looking forward to seeing it develop!

I agree with you. I’m also waiting for its development!