NCC and registration data via SMT

I have my SLES servers registered via SMT. When I look on Novell Customer Center all machine are registered, but without details, with the date of last check empty, so isn’t easy to check and manage.
Why and how populate registration with more details?

Thanks,
Fabrizio

Hi Fabrizio,

[QUOTE=restori;16498]I have my SLES servers registered via SMT. When I look on Novell Customer Center all machine are registered, but without details, with the date of last check empty, so isn’t easy to check and manage.
Why and how populate registration with more details?

Thanks,
Fabrizio[/QUOTE]

you made me curious and so I had a look at the NCC for my systems - and see the same symptoms.

Maybe it’s because those servers are handled by SMT? I didn’t notice because we use SMT commands for all those checks against our server base, i.e. “smt-client” (with or without “-v” parameter) to see all registered clients and their status.

Technically speaking, those servers never contacted NCC, but only our SMT server, so it would make sense that the “last checked in” is set to “n/a” in NCC. SMT might have been extended to report the patch status when syncing it’s data with the NCC, but I strongly doubt that such an enhancement will make it into SMT/NCC.

Regards,
Jens