Newly purchased activation

Hello

I purchased a new activation for SLED 11 sp3 and activated it. I have a HP5101 and I go to Yast control center, click on

1- Online update configuration and get warning message: cannot access installation media

2- Cannot update system using Novell customer center configuration

Regards,

Luis

[QUOTE=ilfretz;15562]Hello

I purchased a new activation for SLED 11 sp3 and activated it. I have a HP5101 and I go to Yast control center, click on

1- Online update configuration and get warning message: cannot access installation media

2- Cannot update system using Novell customer center configuration

Regards,

Luis[/QUOTE]
Hi
So either insert the install media, else via YaST software repositories disable the DVD entry. Then try your update.

Hello Malcom

Good reply. But my HP 5101 Mini does not have a DVD player. Therefore, I have to purchase an external DVD player and burn my copy of SLED 11sp3 and install via external DVD.

Hi
You can put the DVD image onto a USB device > 4GB and copy to the
system as an iso image and add the iso image via YaST → Software
Repositories. But if it’s installed then just disable the media via
Software Repositories.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Knowledge Partner - If you find this post helpful and are logged
into the web interface, show your appreciation and click on the

below.

Hello Malcom

I went ahead anyway and purchased an external DVD player and burned the iso to a DVD using Nero. I was able to upgrade from SP2 to SP3 without any issues. However, post installation issue e.g. wireless option not available. See my post under Wireless driver for SLED 11 SP3 issue.

Thanks anyway

PS after update product activation went very smooth and verified on the Novell site.

Regards,

Luis

[QUOTE=ilfretz;15637]Hello Malcom

I went ahead anyway and purchased an external DVD player and burned the iso to a DVD using Nero. I was able to upgrade from SP2 to SP3 without any issues. However, post installation issue e.g. wireless option not available. See my post under Wireless driver for SLED 11 SP3 issue.

Thanks anyway

PS after update product activation went very smooth and verified on the Novell site.

Regards,

Luis[/QUOTE]
Hi Luis
Always handy to have around, I use mine on multiple machines that I’ve pulled the dvd devices from…

In the future, you can use SUSE Imagewriter to create a bootable install USB device, saves on the need for a DVD :wink: