no add on;

in mozzila firefox , it will not allow add on.,

Hi
I have numerous addons running on SLE Firefox. What is the name of the
add on your trying?

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64) Kernel 3.7.10-1.4-desktop
up 17:20, 3 users, load average: 0.24, 0.27, 0.20
CPU Intel® i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | GPU Intel® Arrandale

b1ygyb87 wrote:
[color=blue]

in mozzila firefox , it will not allow add on.,[/color]

In addition to Malcolm asking which add-on you’re trying to install, which
version of SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED) are you using and what
version of Mozilla Firefox?

HTH.

Simon
SUSE Knowledge Partner

download status bar.-sidebar=
.download them all.=
also no theme.

sled.11.0
firefox 3.0

[QUOTE=b1ygyb87;13619]sled.11.0
firefox 3.0[/QUOTE]

This might be your problem. Firefox 3.0 is very old, it is possible that the add ons you are trying to use are not compatible with Firefox 3.0. I just downloaded a copy of Firefox 3.0.18 and was able to add the Live HTTP Headers add-on though. You could try quitting Firefox, rename your ~/.mozilla and then start Firefox and see if add-ons now work.

SLED 11.0 went End Of Life in October 2010. I strongly recommend that you update to SLED 11 SP2. For details of how to update see http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7010200 Note that you have to update to SP1 then to SP2.

thank you for trying to help. I downloaded another firefox,but it came as -tar-1. and i dont know how to install it. one error message says it is not a rpm file. it was extracted. could you give a simple way to install tar?
Any way i will update. thanks.

[QUOTE=b1ygyb87;13627]thank you for trying to help. I downloaded another firefox,but it came as -tar-1. and i dont know how to install it. one error message says it is not a rpm file. it was extracted. could you give a simple way to install tar?
[/QUOTE]
tar is an archive format. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tar_%28computing%29 As such you do not install tar files, you simply unpack them. Once unpacked you can run whatever is inside.

[QUOTE]
Any way i will update. thanks.[/QUOTE]
When you update you will get a new, supported, version of Firefox included. So don’t worry about trying to manually download a newer version of Firefox, just get the machine updated and Firefox will be taken care of as part of that.

i updated to SP1. It is now firefox 3.0.6.will go for SP2 today.let you know. could you explain how to unpack -tar,gz?

If you double click it it should open in File Roller which has a button marked ‘Extract’.

Or at the command line run

$ tar xfv whatever.tar.gz