SLE 15 cannot boot production down

Hi,
Now iam trying to export the vmdk file
there is a software to help me to get the data from the vmdk

Hi
I would suggest contacting SUSE Support and raising a Service Request before going down that road.

i dont have support suscription,
Are there earlier snapshots to try booting from? NO, even if that worked, what about my database file
is there another solutions we can try

Hi
Your database file should be on a separate partition on the system and type xfs, not btrfs?

If so, should be able to boot into rescue mode and mount the one partition manually.

Hi,
so if i can recover my database in rescue mode, my problem is already solved

in which of these partitions can I find my database, so that I can mount it?

how to manually recover this data, via ssh ??

Hi
Is it on /dev/dm-1 perhaps? If it’s on /dev/sda1 that would appear to be btrfs (which is not designed for the likes of a database), then you will probably have issues…

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt
ls /mnt
umount /mnt
sync
mount /dev/dm-1 /mnt
ls /mnt

Hello,

I copied the vmdk files with Winscp then with power iso I tried to read. but i have a message that says the files are corrupt.

I’m out of ideas

Hi
What about my previous post with a manual mount?

Hi
see below

Hi
What about /dev/dm-1?

Hi
see below

Hi
So if you cd to /mnt/hana is the data there? If so, are you booting the wrong device?

Hi
the dash at the bottom is only flashing, I will wait maybe

Hi
Maybe, but it’s looking like a re-install is needed :frowning: You need to make sure of the setup of your partitions and anything data related should be on a separate partition (xfs) btrfs is for the operating system…

Hi,
Finaly i used live CD “Ubuntu GNOME” and i copied with “SCP” the folder content the db backup (/hana)
i’ll check if the backup it not corrupted