SLE install fails to display server (including login screen)

During one of the install, peripherals including sound, graphics, and dual NICS were detected correctly.
At the end of the installation, a system hang occurred at the login prompt.
Waited for about 2 minutes for other processes to finish if needed, then performed a power down reset.
ISSUE STATEMENT:: ==> The system booted through the splash screens but failed to display the box including the login id / pw prompt. The box remains white against the SUSE desktop.

Other needed details of the install/system used is as below:

1. I am installing SLES11-SP2_with_OES11-SP1-x86_64-DVD.iso.
  2. Hardware platform is as follows:
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound
    SeaSonic S12-600 600W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply
    ASUS A8N-SLI Premium 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
    Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound – OEM
    Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive - using a 60 gb partition for SLES /OES UUT.
    AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 2.2GHz Socket 939 Single-Core Processor ADA3700BNBOX
    MITSUMI Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal USB 2.0 Internal USB 2.0 digital card reader with Floppy Drive – OEM
    COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-WW Black/Silver Aluminum Bezel, SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    EVGA 256-P2-N515-AX GeForce 7800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Support Video Card
    1gb pc2700 DDR ram. (two 512 sticks).

The issues I see are repeatable. I have verified the integrity of the hardware with PC Doctor diagnostics.
The problem reoccurred on a second and third install attempt where the machine reboots into a screen with the splash on the background and a white block in the middle.
Question: not sure if the SLES video driver supports this video card real well.

Could please help out by providing the support information or resolution if the hardware is compatible and its a genuine issue with SLES install.

Thanks,
Kavitha A

NOTE: The details specified about system specifications etc are shared for helping the issue resolution alone.

Hi
Try booting the system with the grub option nomodeset

Since it’s an Nvidia card you need to get the online repositories
active and grab the nvidia proprietary driver.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 3.0.34-0.7-default
up 2 days 18:42, 2 users, load average: 0.64, 0.39, 0.28
CPU Intel i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | Intel Arrandale GPU