Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch

Hi there,

I replaced an old Wacom Intuos 3 tablet with a new Intuos Pen & Touch (CTH-680). It didn’t work out of the box and it seemed that I need to update input-wacom so built the kernel module from source. The device definitely gets recognised as I end up with /dev/input/wacom and wacom-touch, it appears in lsusb but I can’t for the life of me get the tablet to actually work in X. ‘wacdump’ doesn’t seem to see any input on it, nor does xidump.

Wondering if anyone had any insight or bright ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

[QUOTE=crashd22;25797]Hi there,

I replaced an old Wacom Intuos 3 tablet with a new Intuos Pen & Touch (CTH-680). It didn’t work out of the box and it seemed that I need to update input-wacom so built the kernel module from source. The device definitely gets recognised as I end up with /dev/input/wacom and wacom-touch, it appears in lsusb but I can’t for the life of me get the tablet to actually work in X. ‘wacdump’ doesn’t seem to see any input on it, nor does xidump.

Wondering if anyone had any insight or bright ideas?
[/QUOTE]

I’ve no insight or bright ideas myself at the moment as I’ve never used a Wacom tablet, but it will greatly help people help you if you say which version of SLED you are using. There are two currently supported versions, SLED 11 SP3 and SLED 12, which are very different to each other. Can you post the output of

$ cat /etc/*release* $ lsusb

You mention you’ve built a kernel module from source, where did that source come from?

Thanks mikewillis, sorry i’m being a bit hair-brained today.

Module was built from source from linuxwacom project.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxwacom/files/xf86-input-wacom/input-wacom/input-wacom-0.26.0.tar.bz2/download

mistika:~ # cat /etc/release
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11
PATCHLEVEL = 3
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11
PATCHLEVEL = 3